Wednesday 4 November 2015

Yorkshire Sculpture Park: Photo Gallery


We had a day out at Yorkshire Sculpture Park during the hottest British November day on record last weekend. I actually wore just a T-shirt. In November! Located just off the M1 north of Barnsley in West Yorkshire, Yorkshire Sculpture Park encompasses 500 acres of undulating greenery, Bretton Hall, a chapel, lakes, cafes, art galleries and a sprinkling of sculptures across this English country landscape. I'm not an arty person so although I wasn't exactly enthused by the artistry of the statues, I could appreciate the creative inventions and it created some fantastic scenery and a different dimension to a nature walk. Below are the photographs we snapped through the day.

A rabbit created by interwoven wires.


The next time I need a new sink I know where I'm getting it from.


View of the lake through the trees at the Greek temple.


The poppy cascade overlooking the lake.


The lake.


By far the sexiest rabbit I've ever seen.



Poppy cascade for Remembrance Day.



An Autumn tree.


The effects of Autumn are non-existence in the greenhouse.


Fungi that I've christened 'Chimps Ear'.



The other half of the Easter Island statues.


Moss on a fallen branch.

Any further information about Yorkshire Sculpture Park can be found on the official website - www.ysp.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment